Back in the seventies, I built a T/R switch into a Heathkit DX-60 using
a dual gate FET. It connected with a small capacitor to the input of the
PI Network. It worked fast with a Drake 2B, without the harmonics of
a Johnson T/R switch. However, the receiver had to be on the same
band as the transmitter. It was given in an old ARRL Handbook.
     I would not cut a hole in my present, pristine DX-60 for the receiver coax.
For that reason I am using a MFJ T/R switch. It works on CW and Phone.
     I purchased some very fast, high current Panasonic relays. I hope a relay
box is
the best solution, yet. It could be used with different equipment in my
collection.
Some guys have been paralleling these relays into their Linear amplifiers.
Beware of Hot switching. Transmitting without an antenna connected.
73s Robert K5LYT Corpus Christi, TX