----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Ellis" <wb9...@yahoo.com> To: "Drakelist (Post)" <drakelist@zerobeat.net>; <drakera...@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2014 10:45 AM
Subject: [Drakelist] Distortion of T-4XB SSB

Went to check into a SSB net yesterday and I was told my audio was distorted. What could be the problem. I've never used SSB before

Thanks and 73's .

Bill, WB9CAC

It could be a lot of things. Without more detail about the nature of the distortion its hard to tell. You may be able to monitor your signals on your own receiver. Listen on headphones and see what you are getting. Also, do you have an oscilloscope capable of working at the transmitted frequency? If so the wave form can tell you a lot. Post more detail and we will analyze the problem. Also, get more signal reports, maybe the fellow complaining has a bad receiver.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles