Howard,

My (somewhat limited) experience with microphones is that the white shielded
wire goes to the element, the shield goes to the other terminal on the element,
the red wire is PTT, and the black wire is PTT ground return. So typically both
the black wire and the shield go to the sleeve of the plug. I don’t know what
the other connections are for the TR-4.

73,
Bob AD3K