On 14 August 2015 at 06:53, Zhou, Jammy <Jammy.Zhou at amd.com> wrote:
> Hi Emil,
>
>> If there are any other devices they will still be counted when
>> drmGetDevices(NULL, 0)... Is that intentional ?
> Yes, I think so, so that this interface can support different kinds of
> devices in the future. For example, we have some ARM platforms supporting
> PCIE, in which case we can connect one PCIE graphics card, then there will be
> one GPU with the platform bus (integrated GPU in the ARM SOC), and one
> discrete GPU on the PCIE bus.

What is the point in claiming that you have X+Y devices, if the API
does not provide any information about Y of them ? It seems very
misleading imho.

>> Something funny is happening here - on my intel system vendor_id is reported
>> as 0xff86, instead of 0x8086. Subvendor/device are also messed up - ffaa and
>> ffda instead of 17aa + 21da.
> That's really interesting. Did you try to update the system BIOS?

Seems like a C Programming 101 issue to me rather than a BIOS one.The
(signed) char 0x86 gets extended/promoted to 0xff86 and then all hell
breaks loose. Adding typecast(s) should fix it. That does not excuse
me from writing is so weird from the start :)

Thanks for tweaking/ironing the bugs out.
Emil