On 11/2/11 2:20 AM, Keith Packard wrote:

+               if (intel_dp->link_configuration [1] &
DP_LANE_COUNT_ENHANCED_FRAME_EN)
+                       intel_dp->DP |= DP_ENHANCED_FRAMING;
+
+               /*
+                * Check for DPCD version>  1.1 and enhanced framing support
+                */
+               if (intel_dp->dpcd[DP_DPCD_REV] >= 0x11 &&
+                   (intel_dp->dpcd[DP_MAX_LANE_COUNT] &
DP_ENHANCED_FRAME_CAP)) {
+                       intel_dp->link_configuration[1] |=
DP_LANE_COUNT_ENHANCED_FRAME_EN;
+                       intel_dp->DP |= DP_ENHANCED_FRAMING;

Redundant. You've already done the link_configuration |= above in the common code. You can drop the second if chunk altogether.

In related news, the corresponding section for this in TRANS_DP_CTL setup appears to turn on enhanced framing unconditionally. This is probably not a big deal, I don't think I've ever seen a display not support it, but.

- ajax