On 04/06/2017 02:34 PM, Daniel Vetter wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> Bisected an offender already? Afaik there's no one else who reported
> issues thus far, and for our own CI it seems all still fine.
> -Daniel

Hi, Daniel,

Yes, I rebased drm-misc-next on top of vmwgfx-next and found the culprit
to be

38b6441e "drm/atomic-helper: Remove the backoff hack from set_config.."

Reverting first 1fa4da04 and then
38b6441e

fixes the problem.

Also, when testing the tip of drm-misc-next (with the non-atomic vmwgfx)
there appeared to be warnings about a non-NULL
dev->mode_config.acquire_ctx. I'll see if I can reproduce those, but
perhaps removing the line

dev->mode_config.acquire_ctx = &ctx

in drm_mode_setcrtc()

is part of the problem.