On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 12:58:02PM +0000, Mukunda, Vijendar wrote:

> [...]

Please fix your mail client to quote mails in a more normal fashion,
this looks pretty broken...

> >These defines are being added in the middle of a file but CHIP_STONEY is
> >also used in another file in the previous patch (and apparently extensively
> >throughout the DRM driver already).  This is obviously not good, >we
> >shouldn't have multiple copies of the definition.

...especially in that it's reflowing the message it's replying to to
cause 80 column problems and has serious problems in that regard itself.

> We will modify code to use single definition for CHIP_STONEY and CHIP_CARRIZO.
> There are only two chip sets based on ACP 2.x design(Carrizo and Stoney).
> Our future Chip sets going to use different design based on next ACP IP
> version.

Write the code well, that way we don't have bad patterns in the codebase
and if plans change with regard to new variants you're covered.

> In the current patch, Condition checks added for Carrizo for setting SRAM
> BANK state.
> Memory Gating is disabled in Stoney,i.e SRAM Bank's won't be turned off. The
> default state for SRAM banks is ON.
> As Memory Gating is disabled, there is no need to add condition checks for
> Stoney to set SRAM Bank state.

Some documentation of this in the code would be good.