On 19/11/2019 16:32, Tony Lindgren wrote:

We haven't had omap_gem_op_finish() in the kernel for some years now...

Shouldn't a normal page flip, or if doing single-buffering, using the
dirtyfb ioctl, do the job?

It does not seem to happen with the old pvr-omap4 related patches
and whatever gles related tests at least. If you have some idea
where it should get called I can take a look at some point.

The userspace apps need to do this. If they're using single-buffering, then using the dirtyfb ioctl should do the trick, after the SGX has finished drawing.

It's probably somewhat difficult if EGL is controlling the display, as, afaik, SGX EGL is closed source, and that's probably where it should be done.

But adding back the hacky omap gem sync stuff, and then somehow guessing from the sync finish that some display needs to be updated... It just does not sound right to me.

 Tomi

--
Texas Instruments Finland Oy, Porkkalankatu 22, 00180 Helsinki.
Y-tunnus/Business ID: 0615521-4. Kotipaikka/Domicile: Helsinki