Hello Sam,

On 2/2/22 18:56, Sam Ravnborg wrote:
> Hi Helge,
>
> On Sun, Jan 30, 2022 at 10:05:39PM +0100, Helge Deller wrote:
>> Hello DRI and fbdev developers,
>>
>> I've now mostly checked all queued-up patches on the fbdev mailing list:
>> https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-fbdev/list/
>
> Nice to see all the pending fbdev patches processed.

Thanks!

> I do not see why most of them are applied - why bother with
> dev_err_probe or spelling fixes in old drivers that does not see any
> active development. But that's your call.

Doesn't for every driver at some point the development ceases?
Reasons might be that it's not used anymore, or simply because it
does what it should do.

> How come there are backlight, dt-bindings

I didn't know, and I picked up those at the beginning.
I did agreed with the backlight maintainers that I should
keep those which are already in my tree, and that I will ignore
any upcoming new ones.

> and agp in between the fbdev patches?

It wasn't picked up yet, agp somehow belongs to fbdev and as
maintainer for parisc I was somehow involved as well.
I'm happy to drop it if you think it belongs somewhere else...

> It would be nice to be able to trust that if the fbdev tree has patches
> then it is mentioned when the tree touches files outside the fbdev
> dir.

Sure. Usually I also send out the diffstat.

Helge