Reintroduce per-client throttling of transfers for improved compatibility.

Some devices have experienced issues with small command turn-around times when
using in-kernel device drivers. While a previous proposal was rejected due to
concerns about error-prone open-coding of delays, recent upstream changes for
similar problems in I2C devices (e.g., max15301 and ucd90320) and now max31785
make it sensible to reintroduce Andrew's generic solution. This change aims to
improve compatibility for affected devices and may help avoid duplicating
implementations of handlers for I2C and PMBus calls in driver code.

Reference to Andrew's previous proposal:
https://lore.kernel.org/all/20200914122811.3295678-1-and...@aj.id.au/

Lakshmi Yadlapati (2):
  i2c: smbus: Allow throttling of transfers to client devices
  hwmon: (pmbus/max31785) Add minimum delay between bus accesses

 drivers/hwmon/pmbus/max31785.c |   8 ++
 drivers/i2c/i2c-core-base.c    |   8 +-
 drivers/i2c/i2c-core-smbus.c   | 143 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------
 drivers/i2c/i2c-core.h         |  23 ++++++
 include/linux/i2c.h            |   2 +

2.39.2