Am Do., 11. Jan. 2024 um 18:13 Uhr schrieb Simon Ser <cont...@emersion.fr>:

> Are we sure that all drivers handle these two props properly with async
> page-flips? This is a new codepath not taken by the legacy uAPI.

I've only tested on amdgpu so far. Afacs the other drivers that would need
testing / that support atomic and async pageflips are
- i915
- noueveau (though atomic is disabled by default, so maybe it doesn't
matter?)
- vc4
- atmel-hlcdc

The first two I can test, the latter I don't have the hardware for. I don't
know if I can
extensively test fb_damage_clips either / how I'd even know if it's being
applied
correctly, but in the worst case I'd expect the driver to not do the
optimizations the
property allows.

As an alternative to this, would it be okay to expose a driver hook for
optional
driver-specific checks that drm_atomic_set_property can delegate to, and
only
allow this with the properties and hardware that's been tested? Then more
properties (like cursor position changes on amdgpu) could be easily added
later
on too.