Icenowy Zheng 於 2026/9/26 下午 12:48 寫道:
在 2026-09-25五的 22:55 +0800,Icenowy Zheng写道:
在 2026-09-21一的 15:49 +0800,Joey Lu写道:
Icenowy Zheng 於 2026/9/21 下午 03:30 寫道:
Maybe it's better to just make it the 2nd patch in this patchset,
just
after the binding change.
Waiting for something into drm-misc-fixes again will need another
fixes
pull and another RC back merge, which can consume weeks and miss
the
current merging window.
In addition, it's possible that `drm/verisilicon: introduce per-
variant
hardware ops table` also gets backported for a more clean primary
plane
atomic_update disabling fix.
Understood. I'll fold the FB_EN fix in as patch 2, right after the
Should I just apply this revision of patch with this reorder?
Oh I think more fixes are coming.
There's one more DC8200-specific problem (which might be problematic on
DC8000 but I am not sure): The vs_dc8200_panel_disable_ex sequence must
be executed before vs_dc8200_panel_enable_ex, because some timing
parameters seem to be latched when the value going from 0 to 1, and
when a stale state is programmed before the driver is loaded (e.g. a
firmware driving the display) and the timing isn't the same with the
timing of the first modeset, the modeset will fail.
I'm thinking about sending a fix patchset first, which will pick the
FB_EN fix here, implement a fix for the stale state problem and maybe
implement fixes for the old state dereference problems for hidden
planes in their atomic_update callback (although this fix will
introduce a helper, which will then be moved and renamed in the DC8200
ops patch).
Thanks,
Icenowy
Understood, happy to hold the DCUltraLite series until your fix
patchset lands, and rebase the ops-table patch on top of it then.
On DC8000: its panel enable/disable path just toggles a plain
FB_CONFIG_RESET bit, not the staged PANEL_CONFIG/PANEL_START latch
registers DC8200 uses, so it doesn't look like it shares this specific
ordering hazard from the register layout alone. I'll run the tests again
after
applying our variant on top of it.
Thanks,
Icenowy
dt-bindings patch, targeting the current vs_primary_plane.c
directly,
so the ops-table patch just carries the already-corrected code
forward
into vs_dc8200.c. Agreed that's faster than round-tripping.
On primary_plane_disable_ex - I'll keep the "_ex" suffix. DC8200
still
has a real per-variant operation there (clearing FB_EN + commit),
while
DC8000 leaves it NULL and does nothing, so the suffix still
reflects
an actual per-variant difference, not just structure introduced by
the
refactor.
While testing the cursor plane, I found the same class of bug
there:
the disable register write was being triggered from the plane's
atomic_update() invisible-branch using the old plane state to look
up
the CRTC/output, which can be stale or NULL on a plane's very first
commit if it's already invisible then. I've fixed it locally by
having
atomic_update() derive the CRTC/output from the state it already
holds
before checking visibility, instead of falling through to the
old-state-based disable path. Just flagging it here for now -
vs_cursor_plane.c isn't touched by any of my patches.
Thanks.