Hello,

On Tue Sep 29, 2026 at 12:36 PM CEST, Luca Ceresoli wrote:
> After commit Fixes: aa8a8c7e4641 ("drm/bridge: panel: move all code to
> drm_panel.c") some drivers fail building:
>
>   error: implicit declaration of function 'devm_drm_of_get_bridge'
>
> This is because devm_drm_of_get_bridge() (and drmm_of_get_bridge()) have
> been moved to drm-panel.h.
>
> The affected drivers are those which:
>
>  * can be built without CONFIG_OF, and
>  * don't include drm_panel.h
>
> The affected drivers are 3, fix them (patches 1-3) by replacing the
> deprecated *_of_get_bridge() calls with of_drm_get_bridge_by_endpoint().
>
> While there, do the same for all drivers which be built without CONFIG_OF,
> even if they don't fail (patches 4-7).
>
> Signed-off-by: Luca Ceresoli <[email protected]>

In the rush for sending fixes I introduced some bugs caught by sashiko,
mostly of the kind "bridge ref will leak if this function fails later". I'm
sending a v2 in a moment.

Sorry I guess I have to remove the review tags received. :-/

Luca

--
Luca Ceresoli, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
https://bootlin.com

Reply via email to