I'm pretty sure this isn't hardware, and I don't know that this isn't a
known issue, so forgive me if this isn't news:

1. Start gears.
2. Move gears window around a lot, including near/off the edges of the
   screen.
3. Get "mouse moves, no keyboard/button event"-style lockup.

libosmesa is not installed, however under "normal"(?) circumstances if
your GL context goes offscreen without it, no updates happen and that's
all.

SysRq might save you in this case, but I've found that to be unreliable in
my previous experience.  If you get out of it, text mode is probably
corrupted beyond fixing.  A reboot is probably a very good idea at this
point and if SysRq saves you you can even get a clean shutdown.  Stupid
me, I forgot to compile it in to -ac26 so I had to just kill it.  I'll fix
that before trying to further abuse this thing.

--
Joseph Carter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                Free software developer

We all know Linux is great... it does infinite loops in 5 seconds.
        -- Linus Torvalds

PGP signature