Joseph Carter wrote:

> I'm pretty sure this isn't hardware, and I don't know that this isn't a
> known issue, so forgive me if this isn't news:
>
> 1. Start gears.
> 2. Move gears window around a lot, including near/off the edges of the
>    screen.
> 3. Get "mouse moves, no keyboard/button event"-style lockup.

I have the same problem with the mga driver.  A fix was commited a few
months back that improved this quite a bit, but the problem still exists
with certain programs that use a very large/full screen windows (ie.
EVAS demos and Blender).  This "obscuring window" saga has been going on
in one form or another for a _long_ time (ie. over a year) For the
moment, this makes using the MGA driver impossible for anything but
Gears and Quake  If this could be fixed, I could probably use DRI
full-time.