On Sat, Mar 31, 2001 at 05:10:14PM -0500, Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:
> I pulled the DRI cvs this afternoon (main trunk) and gave it a whirl.
> X never fully starts up.  After about five-ten seconds, the monitor puts
> itself to sleep and /var/log/XFree86.0.log ends with:

This happens to me too, however after a few moments the monitor wakes up
and things return to normal.

Note the monitor tends to go back to sleep at some point at which X has
stopped working again on some level.  Everything from X just decided to
stop displaying things to a hard lockup of the system seems to follow, so
I can't pin it down.  Unfortunately, I haven't got a serial console to try
and debug it (although I'm starting to think I need to try and allocate
one...)

--
Joseph Carter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                Free software developer

<Deek> Yes, America is a country based on how pissed-off a group of taxed
       people can get.
<Deek> We exist as a country because we're cheap.

PGP signature