> From: Brian Paul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> OK, here's what I've found.  It's basically a version problem between
> the DRM code that's in the DRI trunk vs the 2.4.0 kernel.
>
> Evidently the DRM code on the DRI trunk was updated for kernel 2.4.3
> and that broke compatibility with 2.4.[012].
>
> This was probably announced on the mailing list, but I must have missed it.
>
> Here's a description of the problem.  When compiling radeon_drv.c there
> are some warnings:

[snip]

> Alan (or anyone more familiar with kernel stuff), is this an acceptable
> patch?

 This will break for 2.4.2-ac22 through -ac28 now ... I upgraded from
-ac17 to -ac28 to get the kernel module to build and work :)

 AFAIK (I will check) I need the -ac series to have the AGP stuff work
reliably with my ALi 1541 chipset ...

 /me goes away to bang head on desk ...

--
/* Bill Crawford, Unix Systems Developer, Ebone (formerly GTS Netcom) */
#include <stddiscl>