Actually, XFree86 does not ship with this host.def file, because it is
never merged into the XFree86 tree.  This particular host.def file is
provided as a convenience for us, the DRI developers and the people who
test our early development code.

The host.def files that are used to build the binary distributions are
stored in xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/etc/bindist in the XFree86 CVS
tree.  See the Linux-axp/host.def file for what XFree86 uses to build
the binary dists.  Also, look in xc/config/cf/* for additional compile
flags.  If these flags are incorrect and you would like to see them
changed for XFree86, I would suggest posting a message to the XFree86
mailing list <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.

Thanks,
Kevin