On Fri, May 04, 2001 at 01:12:47PM +0100, Iain Thomas wrote:
> > As I said, it seems specific to the Radeon 64, the 32s have been reported
> > to work fine.
>
> We all know that the various Radeons have differend core clock-speeds,
> right?

We do now.  =)

> The retail 64M is 183Mhz, the plain 64M and the 32M boards are
> around 166Mhz, and either the VE or tha AiW is around 143Mhz.
> If you've got a naff signals on the AGP port, it's probably more likely to
> upset the faster boards...

Okay, possibly this is a newbie overclocker sounding question, but how do
I change this?  I'd like to UNDERclock the card and see if that has any
effect on how long it takes for the thing to die.  Given that this is
starting to sound similar to the K7 optimization bug affecting some VIA
based boards, I'm starting to wonder if perhaps I'm seeing a different but
similar bug.

--
Joseph Carter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                Free software developer

<knghtbrd> (tinc)
<Espy> (ytitac)
<knghtbrd> (ntinac)
<Espy> (it)
<knghtbrd> (in)
* Espy notes talking in acr^Winitialisms is scary when the other side
  understands you

PGP signature