> For the DRI, the easiest solution would be to have the dri_tdfx.o
> dynamically load the appropriate Glide. The X server knows what
> hardware it is running on and passes that to the client (via the PCI
> id). If you did this, you could also change the X tree to include the
> appropriate glide.h header file and remove the dependency on Glide in X
> all together. It should be relatively easy to put together.

I might also point out that on the Windows side, it's up to the user to
download the right drivers for their card. Not that we shouldn't be able to
do things better than Windows, but that this sort of automatic switching of
glide libraries isn't done elsewhere, either.

--Jon, N9RUJ    [EMAIL PROTECTED]     www.calvin.edu/~jnieho38

This is Linux country. On a clear night, you can hear Windows reboot.