On Tue, May 29, 2001 at 02:20:01PM +0100, Stephen C. Tweedie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, May 29, 2001 at 02:00:33PM +0100, Philip Willoughby wrote:
> >
> > >I'm using VIA Irongate too.
> >
> > Err, AMD make the irongate chipsets -- the 75x series.  VIA don't -- they
> > make the Apollo series.... Which have you got?
>
> My bad, it's Irongate 75x.

Folks, there are obviously some problems with AGP on the Irongate
chipsets. Those drivers were written without full documentation and
given the reports it seems clear there's something wrong.

We've been talking to AMD over the last 6-9 months about having them
fund some work to fix these issues, but I've finally heard that's not
going to happen. They are looking at potentially doing the work in
house.

Although I'm happy to have people try to work the technical issues here,
the best bet may be to talk directly to AMD about it.

                                            - |Daryll