On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 03:26:19PM +0300, Pasi K?rkk?inen wrote:
> I replaced -s 0:0.0 with the "address" of Radeon, and tried both of
> those.. didn't help. Still crashes in the same way as without that
> setpci-setting..
>
> Any other ideas?

Do you overclocked CPU ?
Do you have ACPI enabled ?
Do you dual boot with win9x ? (particial mistery I see is that
once I boot in to win9x ... and back to linux I get completely
unstable box :(((( ... acpi stuff ? maybe. But in truth even this
acpi disabled I weren't able to compile kernel - hard lock up for
no appearent reason). Solution - reset/clear cmos with jumper ...
somehow it helps ... now win9x is gone ... just wonder what they
do ... those damn 9x small windows ...

Do you have greatest and latest VIA bios updates ?

btw.
I use ABit KT7A-RAID ..... somewhere in between those questions
I fixed my problems. Now it runs stable and as a charm ........

> - Pasi K?rkk?inen
>
>                                    ^
>                                 .     .
>                                  Linux