Since we ship a separate Mesa library for back-compatibility with
XFree86 3.3.6, we do not need XFree86 building the libGL, and
friends and I would like to disable it, but can't find any
relevant Imake directives.

In the past we have worked around this by doing the following in
our specfile:

{
   rm -f  $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/include/GL
   rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/X11R6/include/GL
   rm -f  $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL* \
          $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/X11R6/lib/libOSM*
}

Maintaining the separate Mesa package has caused some problems
however, and so I've decided to incorporate the external Mesa
into the XFree86 src.rpm, and have it build Mesa first, then
install it into the buildroot, then have XFree86 build and use
the Mesa lib/includes, etc. from the buildroot instead.

The problem is that the above code fragment to delete the XFree86
supplied Mesa stuff, is now nailing the separate Mesa built
first.

What I'd really like, is to tell XFree86 build to not build
libGL*, libOSM*, and to not install any part of it during:

make DESTDIR=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT install install.man -C xc

So, my question is:  Is there an Imake-ified way of saying:

HasMesa                 YES
UseMesa                 YES
BuildMesaLibrary        NO
MesaLibDir              $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/lib
MesaIncludeDir          $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/include/GL

or somesuch?

If not, can someone familiar with the native XFree86 Mesa build
process recommended a workaround?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys!

TTYL

Mike A. Harris                  Shipping/mailing address:
OS Systems Engineer             190 Pittsburgh Ave., Sault Ste. Marie,
Red Hat Inc.                    Ontario, Canada, P6C 5B3
http://www.redhat.com           Phone: (705)949-2136