>    I thought that in the C specs you can't be guarenteed the order of
> evaluation in an if brace. Surely a safer bet is
>
>       if(!image){
>               if(!image->Data){
>               }
>       }
>
>   If you know better I stand corrected, I'm just thinking that not all
> target platforms will use gcc (which I presume is the one that is used in
> this case).

Actually it is guaranteed ... (maybe it changed recently, if so I would
appreciate the link(s) to read about that.).

if (!image || !image->Data) {
}

if image is NULL the '!image->Data' is not even evaluted ...
TRUE OR FALSE = TRUE ... whenever code evaluates to true it
will 'jump' to if () block ....

if it weren't guaranteed it would break a whole lot of programs
out there ...

--
Zilvinas Valinskas