Adam Williams wrote:

> Using a Radeon 64MB, XFree86 4.1.0, kernel 2.4.5-ac16
>
> Currently it looks like the largest texture I can upload is limited to
> the nearest 2^n pixels below the horizontal resolution of the screen.
> Is there any way to work around this and get a 2048x2048 texture on a
> 1600x1200 screen?

Taking a quick look at the driver code, it appears that 1024x1024 is
the max size we allow.  I'm running 1600x1200x32 now and 1Kx1K is
the limit I'm seeing in my test program.

2Kx2K should be possible though.  I'll look into fixing that.
The code is in xc/lib/GL/mesa/src/drv/radeon/radeon_context.c if
you want to hack it yourself.

After allocating the front/back/depth buffers we look at how much
memory is left for texture and use that to determine the max
texture size.

> Another thing is that in 1600x1200 mode, all pixels to the right of
> x=1355 are getting blanked out.  Is this a limitation of the Radeon or
> the DRI?

I'm not seeing that problem here.

-Brian