On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 12:05:50PM +0200, Gerd Knorr wrote:
> > > to the Rage128's CCE engine. Although it only accelerates SolidFill and
> > > ScreenToScreenCopies it should help a lot.
> >
> > Hmm, maybe it's easy for someone who doesn't touch the dri code for the
> > first time, but not for me.  I've tried, the code builds and doesn't
> > crash, but doesn't work.  Can someone have a look at it please?
>
> Uhm, well, with r128_cce_indirect not implemented yet in th kernel it
> can't work.  New version + kernel patch, working this time.

Thanks Gerd. I've applied this patch to the DRI trunk.

One thing that would probably be good for r128 and radeon is add the option
back to disable CCE or CP and use the fuller 2D acceleration routines. And
also, if DRI isn't possible for some reason then fallback to the fuller
acceleration routines.

Not everyone will need 3D and crippling their 2D performance will produce
some emails I'm sure.

Alan.