Gerd Knorr wrote:

> > > to the Rage128's CCE engine. Although it only accelerates SolidFill and
> > > ScreenToScreenCopies it should help a lot.
> >
> > Hmm, maybe it's easy for someone who doesn't touch the dri code for the
> > first time, but not for me.  I've tried, the code builds and doesn't
> > crash, but doesn't work.  Can someone have a look at it please?
>
> Uhm, well, with r128_cce_indirect not implemented yet in th kernel it
> can't work.  New version + kernel patch, working this time.

Great work, this seems to fix the hardware lockups with DMA for Xv! :) But
there are a few problems:

- didn't work on big endian systems. The calls to cpu_to_le32() in the kernel
code are there for a reason. ;) I just committed the one liner fix.

- the indirect buffers aren't flushed often enough. When I move a window with
amiwm, the contents don't move at first. Only when I move it again do the
contents appear in the current place. A quick comparison with the Radeon code
didn't reveal any obvious difference, so I wonder what's wrong?

- visual artifacts when moving a window which contains a DRI client. Maybe
caused by the previous problem.

Another problem isn't directly related to this code. While both the X server
and the client library code expect DRM version 3.0.0, it's still at 2.1.6 . I
fixed it locally by bumping the DRM version to 3.0.0, is that correct?