Hello!

* Anders Haugen ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> Also looked at the mesa & X part of it but i haven't
> understood how everything there works yet. Not enough
> to start putting in code from the utah-glx driver.
  ;) I've the same feeling when I try to write ViRGE Mesa target (for kgicon).
  On the other side, working on ViRGE driver will be a very good start
for understanding how X / DRI / Mesa internally works. If we have this knowledge
then it should be more simple to debug other drivers like mga, radeon, etc.
And may be in the future, if there will be some - new - cards which will need
drivers we will make great progress in making them, because of the knowledge we
will have. There is a very small amount of good dri developers these days.
Have you looked at the mail archives for the dri-patches mailing list?
There is minimal traffic for drivers' updates. May be the mga, radeon, etc.
drivers are finished? I don't think so. Of course there is a problem with
specs, but something can be done without specs like bug fixing (IMHO).
  Daryll, Brian, Keith, Gareth and others what are your visions about
the future DRI? Will there be some enhancements like T&L stuff, page flipping,
etc. Thank you for your answers.

> //anders
>
> --
Bye,