Around 10 o'clock on Nov 21, Michel D nzer wrote:

> > In 1600x1200x24 It takes 1 full second to draw the screen, or a
> > good 3/4 of a second.  That is definitely not accelerated.
> > Again, disabling DRI, the MMIO accel makes everything fly.
>
> Color expansion is probably what's missing.

Color expansion alone won't cause a noticeable slowdown; as long as you've
got MTRR set up, the CPU alone can draw hundreds of thousands of glyphs in
a second (601000 with my Mach64 laptop).

If solid fill and blt are accelerated, you really have to work hard to get
the screen to run slowly.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]        XFree86 Core Team      SuSE, Inc.