On Wed, 21 Nov 2001, Mike A. Harris wrote:

> Well, I've now confirmed that we are not on crack.  ;o)  People
> who claim they're using Radeon with DRI enabled and not having
> any 2D slowdowns, are indeed on crack though, as the source code
> itself, as well as developers have now confirmed to me that the
> 2D accel code is not fully implemented yet under DRI.

The radeon 2D acceleration while using DRI (using the CP engine) is
relatively compelte and should not really cause any slowdown (I personally
have not seen any 2d performance loss with DRI enabled with regular
radeon, 7500, or 8500).  If you look at the source, the CP engine
accelerates solid fills, screen copies, dashed lines, and solid lines.
While the latter 2 aren't extremely necessary, the first 2 are indeed
essential and are probably the only 2 primitives which really matter when
it comes to 2D acceleration with todays fast CPU's (with perhaps the
exception of expansion, which is arguable).

I'll try again with cvs and see if I can reproduce this with my radeon
boards.

ani