On 30 Nov 2001, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> horizontal resolution != line pitch

This driver certainly seems to think it should be.

> Probably not, still I suspect your change doesn't address the real
> problem. I think the problem is that the r128 driver doesn't use the
> same pitch as aty128fb. Your change just happens to make it use the same
> one.

Well, when XFree worked without "UseFBDev" on PPC (the current Debian
builds do not), I saw the same problem - if you don't force it to use the
right mode, you get a "stair-stepping" effect, where 32 pixels of each
line wrap around to the next line.

Derrik Pates      |   Sysadmin, Douglas School   |    #linuxOS on EFnet
[EMAIL PROTECTED] |     District (dsdk12.net)    |    #linuxOS on OPN