On 30 Nov 2001, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> So you should be able to achieve higher numbers. I'd expect somewhere
> between 300 and 400 fps.

Got me. I am trying a CVS build of XFree (4.1.99.1), and the framerate is
slightly better - glxgears gets generally closer to 200 fps, and TuxRacer
averages 8-9 fps (versus ~6 with 4.1.0.1 from Debian). It is using the
AGPGART, and I even tried switching it to AGP 2x mode (the X server log
claims it's running at 2x anyway).

> Something which draws regularly (system status monitor, ...) could be
> enough. The driver used to shut down the CCE for 2D operations and
> restart it again afterwards.

I did try killing all the dock.apps, and that pushed it up a little, to
about 220 fps. Not a huge gain.

Also, can I get you to add a fix for the Rage128 line width problem into
the ATI driver? I'd really like to see the fix added (it's one line,
changing one value) before the current CVS HEAD becomes 4.2.0.

Derrik Pates      |   Sysadmin, Douglas School   |    #linuxOS on EFnet
[EMAIL PROTECTED] |     District (dsdk12.net)    |    #linuxOS on OPN