Jose Fonseca wrote:

> > BTW my X-Server is running now but I get strange authentification
> > failures:
> > the DRM module isn't allowed to write to X while I'm not logged in as
> > root. kdm also fails on startup with XDM-AUTHENTIFICATION failure
> > Does anybody know how to fix this quick ( I haven't had time yet to read
> > something about that issue )
> >

> Andreas, in your own login (i.e., not as root) type something like:
>
> xauth +your_hostname

No, I think you are wrong:

/home/nuetzel> hostname
SunWave1
/home/nuetzel> xauth +SunWave1
xauth: (argv):1:  unknown command "+SunWave1"

Andreas have a look into your  ~/.Xauthority file. I am sure your_hostname is
already in it, no?

My solution:

Andreas are you running SuSE???

Then you need as myself as well a patch from SuSE for the XFree86/XFree86 DRI
CVS tree that enables the XDM-AUTHENTIFICATION (DES encryption for better
security) to get KDM running, again.

I've looked into the SuSE 7.3 XFree86 (xf86-4.1.0-45.src.rpm) package but
didn't found the right stuff, yet :-(

> Perhaps this is sufficient.

No, see above.

Stefan can you help, here? Maybe these patches are under closure (NDA)?

Regards,
        Dieter
--
Dieter Nützel