Hi all

Now I can state I have my DRI working. Thanks again to Jose for
non-striped libGLcore. It seems striping is not loseless operation.

So, finally my results:
1. glxinfo shows everything as necessary.
2. gl-dependant apps are really faster.
3. There are serious problems with textures - in most (all?) apps they
are not loaded. Is it me or server or ...?
4. Even half-life works in opengl mode! No textures yet. I can see my
handgun only:)
5. Strange things with cursor happen, as it was noted in this mailing
list before (I had to set "SWCursor" option)
6. gltron freezes the server. Though I am still able to switch to
another console, kill gltron and return back. But at this point the
mouse is dead:( I don't know whether it's the app or the server or me...
6. The speed of 2D seems to be a bit slower (earlier I used drivers from
www.linuxvideo.org). Is it true or just my illusion?

In general, what I have to say is great THANKS to everyone involved.
With this high speed of development we users have got real chances to
get hardware-accelerated 3D on mach64. I'm just afraid 4.2 is very soon
so these ATI drivers will not be there...

So what I ask is:
1. Probably, we could investigate the issue with striping. What could be
wrong here?
2. Could please someone make these binary snapshots periodically
(probably, some cleanup of /usr/X11R6-DRI is necessary - I am still not
sure everything is necessary there). About kernel modules: for me, RH7.2
with the latest kernel update would be good but probably a couple of
other standard distros could be supporter as well...

Thanks to everyone again. Keep on fighting!

Sergey