> 3. There are serious problems with textures - in most (all?) apps they
> are not loaded. Is it me or server or ...?
BTW - I found the matter of problem. I have 8M video RAM. And use
resolution 1280x1024 (I have LCD so lower resolutions look bad). Even in
16bpp, all buffers take almost 8M - so only 192K remains for textures
(actually, on 32bpp the server does not start at all). When I
experimentally changed resolution to 800x600 (giving ~5M video RAM for
textures) - some textures appeared (but not all - for example, half-life
and celestia are still not working).
So my question is - will at some point driver use system RAM for buffers
and/or textures etc? I thought AGP technology can help here. Correct me
if I am wrong.

Cheers,

Sergey

PS BTW, dpms seems to be working too - my laptop was able to suspend and
resume correctly. Just in case someone is interested...