> From: Thomas Dodd [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>
> How do I speed up AGP? It looks to be in 1x mode, not 2x.

start X11 and respective driver.
then login as root and tryout this:
  /sbin/lspci -vvvv | less

then you will spot capabilites for AGP on host bridge
and on grafics adapter.
See "AGP[+/-]", "SBA[+/-]" and  "Rate=x[1/2/4]"
on the line with "Command:" - its the current settings.
The "Status:" is the overall caps of your respective configuration,
but the AGP inventor didnt seem to be a friend of expressive names.

Your box will only be able to drive the speeds and modes that both
devices do support. Maybe you will get a bit more information if
you look into the AGPGART module code - oh, i think i've seen a few
typos concerning AMD there recently. They are at least in 2.4.16 kernel.

Regards Alex.