Hi,

I need more info regarding Radeon QD PCI. In 4.1.0,
only AGP is supported on Linux-ix86. I spent a few
days reading and modifying the 4.1.0 source code.
Now I'm stuck. Any help will be appreciated.

Here are what I do. I define PCIGART_ENABLED to
use PCI DRI init code for Alpha. I also set
R128_BM_CHUNK_0_VAL (?!) and RADEON_PCI_GART_PAGE to
the values indicated in r128 driver to enable PCI
GART. The trace of the modified driver looks ok. I
can see "DRM enabled" from X_INFO. But it hangs with
a blank screen. I can only do CTRL-ALT-DEL to restart
the machine.

So here are my questions:
1. r128 DRI PCI init looks pretty much the same as
   my modified version. So I have no clue now. Can
   anyone tell me what I can do next?
2. I notice that both r128 and radeon do not make a
   map for texture in PCI/PCIGART mode. Is it ok?
3. Finally, will 4.2.0 support it? If it will, I can
   simply wait.

Also, I have searched the archive (after 06/01) but
can't find too much info. Oh dear gods, please
enlighten me! :)

Bow-Yaw