On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 02:00:18AM -0300, Davor Buvinic wrote:
> With the latest GATOS CVS - the one with changes from Peter Surda at the
> files radeon_driver.c, radeon_reg.h, fi1236.c, fi1236.h, msp3430.c,
> r128_dri.c, theatre.h and theatre_reg.h - the problem (apparently) is the
> same one that at first: corruption at login screen (xdm, kdm), the messages
> [drm:r128_cce_indirect] in the kernel log, and X crashes.
Hmm.

> With only the patch from Peter Surda to the file r128_dri.c no corruption at
> login screen, no messages in the kernel log but X crash with both mplayer and
> glxgears running, or only with mplayer after a while playing a video.
Odd indeed. BTW I feel bad when you call it my patch. I basically only did
what Michel told me :-).

Actually I have HARD lockups (no pings) with openGL programs now, e.g. with
q3, but I doubt it is caused by my patch. I haven't played q3 for several
months. It is also possible that it is caused by my wild changes to km, I'm
almost sure they leak.

> BTW, which is the appropriate mailing list to discuss this stuff? I think
> that we're CC: to too many places... At this step we'll finish CC: to the
> linux kernel mailing list :)
dri-devel and gatos-devel are appropriate imho, we don't need to post to
xpert. I only posted the original post there so that Marc or whoever is
responsible for ati drivers there knows he should apply it.

So I guess "my" patch actually fixed something correctly, but there are more
bugs lurking in the background.

> - Davor
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Peter Surda (Shurdeek) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, ICQ 10236103, +436505122023