On Mon, 2002-01-28 at 04:54, Davor Buvinic wrote:

> Yes, running glxgears cause the movie player to crawl and if I start to move
> or resize their windows X crashes.
>
> The movie player is MPlayer, today cvs.
>
> Here is my log file from X. As you can see, at the end of the file the
> following messages appears:
>
> [...]
> (II) R128(0): StopVideo
> (EE) R128(0): Idle timed out, resetting engine...
> [...]

I have an idea what the problem could be. The Xv code still uses direct
register access, even when the CCE is running. That's exactly what we
want to avoid, because it can crash the chip. :)

I probably won't have time this week to work on a solution but I suggest
you try either shutting down the CCE before accessing registers or
adding new Xv functions which use the CCE for register access (à la the
CCE accel functions). I'd prefer not shutting down the CCE at any rate.