> Hello, Every body:
>
>      Do any know how to build Xserver and DRI that can see profiling
>  data through  gprof?? I've see there is an option in host.def(in )
>  DRI cvs):
>
> /* To do profiling of the dynamically loaded 'xyz_dri.so' object, turn
>  * this on.
>  * Use 'xc/lib/GL/makeprofile.sh' to make it work.
>  */
> /* #define GlxSoProf YES */
>
> #ifdef GlxSoProf
> #  undef DefaultCCOptions
> #  define DefaultCCOptions -ansi GccWarningOptions -pipe -g -p
> #endif
>
>    but if I enable #define GlxSoProf YES, then try to build Xserver
>  (after make lowpc.o, highpc.o by hand).When I start Xserver
> , it cause
>  unsolved symbol and core dump.
>
> Symbol mcount from modules /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/fonts/libbitmap.a is
> unresolved!
>
>    Do any one has ever try this??  Do any one can tell me how to prof
> xxx_dri.so ??

You can only build what's inside xc/lib/GL with GlxSoProf set to YES.
What you'll need to do is build the tree as usual, then do the
following:

        <edit host.def to set GlxSoProf>
        cd xc/lib/GL
        make <insert command to clean everying -- clobber???>
        make Makefile
        make Makefiles
        make
        make install

Keith Whitwell can correct me if I'm wrong (it's been a while since I've
done this).  I think there's some documentation about this somewhere...

-- Gareth