>From what I understood from Alexander and Keith replies, DMA allows not
only to copy raw data (e.g., textures, z-buffers, vertexs) from the
system memory to the card's memory but also allows to automate the
card's registers programming in a way which is different of the PIO or
MMIO modes. Am I right on this?

And from what I saw in the AGP specification document, AGP is not only a
faster fully replacement to DMA but (in cards that support it) it
effectively extends the card memory with system memory. Is this correct?

Keith, is pseudo DMA a hardware feature of Matrox cards or just a
software hack for debugging purposes?

Regards,

Jose Fonseca