On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 09:38:28PM +0000, José Fonseca wrote:

> >No. XFree86 4.2.0 is Mesa 3.4.x based, and it seems XFree86 4.3.0 will
> >be Mesa 4.0.x based. A MAJOR update!
> >
> >Alan.
> >

> hmmm.. the only way I see to make everyone happy (I'm already seeing
> Sergey complaining about the size of the download! ;-) is to make two sets
> of drivers:
>  - one with everything included, including debugging info
>  - another with stripped binaries and without the libraries that do not
> interfere with the direct rendering (i.e., libGLcore and libGLX)

If you assume a XFree86 4.2.0 base, then you put the current DRI drivers
from the trunk ontop of that, you'll get Mesa 4.0.x direct rendering
and Mesa 3.4.x indirect rendering if you do what your doing. That's o.k,
but I'd say less than ideal.

As for the size, the default DRI host.def file builds with debugging
turned on '-g'. Make sure it's off, the size of the files aren't that
big when compressed.

Can you explain the size of the files you've currently got ?

Alan.