On Thu, 2002-03-07 at 17:23, Brian Paul wrote:

> You seem to have been confused by "texture levels" before.  Looks like
> you've figured it out now.  It's basically the maximum number of mipmap
> levels AND it's related to max texture size.
>
> -Brian

Right after I started this thread I read carefully the OpenGL
specification regarding this (which I confess I should had done before
and not after) and there I found the explanation of texture levels as in
"levels of detail", as I initially thought.

Nevertheless I didn't found an explanation of why the maximum texture
size was being derived from the maximum texture level in Mesa. In the
specs it says that the the maximum allowable size of a texture must be
_at least_ 2^(k-lod)-2*b_t , and not equal. Otherwise, where does it
stay a card that's not capable of mipmapping but can hold textures
bigger than 1x1?

Jose Fonseca