> The latest snapshot,
>
>http://mefriss1.swan.ac.uk/~jfonseca/dri/packages/bleeding-edge/mach64-20020314-1601-i386-Linux.tar.bz2
> works. I've checked it myself.
I checked it too. No installation problems noticed. Everything went
smoothly. glxgears works on 248fps.

> The problem was libdrm.a which is not as device independent as thought.
:( Well, anyway it is not as big as libGL.
> It has some interface functions which in the case of mach64 are new and
> not available in the XFree86 4.x releases.
What's good is that now we know it - so next releases will be more
smooth.

> I also noticed that the snapshots of mach64-0-0-3-branch don't work on
> Xfree86 4.1.0, since the 2D driver ABI changed between the releases. I
> suppose it's the same for all driver snapshots taken from the trunk,
> althought that was not my previous impression.
What about compatibility with 4.0 (or even 3.3)? I guess for brave
testers like me even compatibility with 4.2 is enough...

> Sergey, please test once more. If everything is okay, I'll start
> uploading the mach64 snapshots to the DRI website as well. (And put a
> README describing the current limitations of mach64)
I'd say I have no objections:) It is very cool when someone asks me
permission to upload something (especially - something I did not
develop:)

Regards,

Sergey