Robert,

Great work.  You are very thorough in your testing.

Comments inline.

Robert Boucher wrote:

> The short answer is everything worked like you expected.
>
> For the details, here are the various configurations I tested (sorry if
> this is mangled):
>
> DRM Lib   i810 Kernel Module    DDX/DRI Drivers    Result
>    New           New                   New           Pass
>    New           New                   Old           Pass
>    New           Old                   New           Pass
>    New           Old                   Old           Pass
>    Old           New                   New           Fail
>    Old           New                   Old           Pass
>    Old           Old                   New           Fail
>    Old           Old                   Old           Pass
>
> Where "New" are the objects built from your development branch and "Old"
> are the 4.2 versions.
>
> Each successful configuration was tested with glxinfo, glxgears, and a
> Tux Racer race.
>
> In the case of the two failures, the server didn't start and the last
> lines of the XFree86 log file was:
>
> (II) I810(0): [dri] Buffer map : ca3000
> (II) I810(0): [drm] added 256 4096 byte DMS buffers
>
> Fatal server error:
> Caught signal 4.  Server aborting

I'm working on a better means of reporting this error.

> Each test uses the X server I built from drmcommand branch of the DRI
> source tree.
>
> Are there any other tests you think would be useful?

You've covered the basics.  If we change the error message reporting or
header file layout, then a quick regression test would be great.  We'll
get broader coverage of the DDX/DRI drivers when we merge to the trunk.

Thanks, again, for your help.

         Jens Owen            /  \/\ _
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  /    \ \ \   Steamboat Springs, Colorado