On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 02:38:43PM +0200, Martin Spott wrote:
> Nah, not everything ....
> I see sudden lockups, mostly on displaying complex structures, i.e. in
> FlightGear when enabling panel display.
> This is obviously a graphics card lockup. The picture freezes but I can log
> into the machine via network. When I restart the X server also the rest of
> the machine gets locked up and my network connection freezes,

If you can ssh in, can you run the program from gdb from a ssh session?

export DISPLAY=:0
gdb `which fgfs`
run

and see if you get 'Error could not get dma buffer... exiting' when your
main machine locks up? If not, you might be able to ctrl-c and get a bt
at the point the main machine locks. Don't get the sack though ;)

I've just noticed this doing the above in rtcw. I haven't really looked
further yet, but it's possibly a subtle bug in the new maos stuff (or
the drm discard changes) losing buffers somewhere...I note a similar
theme where a lot needs to be happening on screen to trigger it which
did make me wonder if the buffers are all genuinely in use?

--
Michael.