On Mon, 2002-04-22 at 20:04, José Fonseca wrote:
> On 2002.04.22 18:45 Leif Delgass wrote:
> > Unfortunately, the driver doesn't support ppc yet.  It will probably be
> > some time before that is added, as we still need to complete the driver
> > for x86.  I think Frank Earl worked on ppc support for the XFree 3.x
> > utah-glx driver, but I'm not sure if it's complete.
> >
> > There's a ppc branch in DRI CVS, but it looks quite old.  Can anyone
> > comment on the status of this?
> >

> According to http://dri.sourceforge.net/doc/cvs.html part of it was
> incorporated in the trunk.

Basically all of it, nothing except r128 (and of course general changes
to get that going) was ever worked on in that branch.

> I may be naive here but I suppose it is mostly a matter of endian
> correctness, as the architecture is already supported by all
> infrastructures.

Right, at least right now (without DMA), using {in,out}_le32 for
register reads and writes might be enough to get the driver basically
going, then maybe a few tweaks are necessary for textures etc.