> Sergey, sorry for replying only now. For some time I was planning to apply
That's OK. Everyone understands that actual work on the driver has
incomparable higher priority.

> The problem is that the existence of those dri-old files are the only
> proof that anything was installed before. If we default to delete files
> when there is no backup then someone mistakenly trying to restore with no
> all the drivers, and I think that this can be far more annoying than
> having a dummy mach64.o floating around.
I see the point. My only concern is that when I do "restore" - I
actually do not change my XF86Config in the DRI section. So I am a bit
afraid that XFree would try to use the module (without other parts of
the snapshot). If you tell me it's not a danger - I am ready to forget
about all this stuff.

Cheers,

Sergey

PS Hope you won't forget to announce AGP-mapping-enabled binaries - I am
eager to hand my laptop.