On 2002.05.18 10:33 Leif Delgass wrote:
> OK, I finally committed my changes thus far as a checkpoint.  I'm reading
> BM_GUI_TABLE in the dispatch routine to see when we hit the hardware
> pointer and wait once we reach it.  So the dispatch is treating the
> descriptor table as a ring, and it helps.  There's still lots of places
> optimize and probably a fair amount of cruft and bugs lurking, but I
> wanted to get this into cvs while things are working.  :)

Great! I've fired the scripts to make a mach64 snapshot so a new one
should appear within the next hour or so.

>                                                        One of the main
> problems is context switches with the X server.  Right now I have a wait
> for idle followed by saving the pattern registers (used for buffer aging)
> in EnterServer (atidri.c).  I'm only restoring the registers if the X
> server changes them, but the engine must be idle before they can be
> stored.  We really need to figure out how to do this better, because
> things slow down whenever you move the mouse now.  This might be a good
> time to look into getting sync working with 2D accel as well, since we'll
> need to verify that the solution will work with XAA.

Agreed.

> AGP texturing is working, but the algorithm needs work.  The trick is
> that
> for multitexturing, both textures need to be in either card local or AGP
> memory.
>
> I can go into more detail about these changes at Monday's meeting, but
> I'll be away for a couple of days and I wanted to get this checked in and
> post a quick message for now...

I'm getting completely depressed because my work is giving me quite some
headaches and I'm eagger to play with mach64 but I can't since the
deadline is closing down...

Regards,

José Fonseca