On Saturday 25 May 2002 03:44 pm, Leif Delgass wrote:

> This had crossed my mind too.  The only problem is that there could still
> be a short period of time where BM_GUI_TABLE isn't accurate, so it still
> leaves the problem of being able to trust the contents of BM_GUI_TABLE for
> buffer aging and adding descriptors to the ring.

Yeah, but that's only a problem if you're aging them.  This is more food for
thought type stuff at this point- it all boils down to what is the most
optimal secure way of doing things.  The less things we do per submission,
the better.  We may still end up un-mapping things, but pushing out 8 bytes
for each 4k is less work than pushing out a command every vertex in the
buffer.  I'd love to come up with a way to not have to un-map things if at
all possible so that we're not doing that either.  Like I said, it's not
really something you want to do often (just like you don't want to do ioctls
all that often either...  :-)

--
Frank Earl